Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Module 1

I am in the BS-DNP FNP distance program. I currently use two computer systems called HELP and HELP 2. HELP is where I record all the vital signs, problems, I & O's, nurses notes, assessments, etc. HELP2 is used for looking up patient history, doctor's dictations, medication lists, and the insulin drip protocol. I also use Micromedix to look up medications and see compatabilities for IV drips.
The hospital uses HELP to run reports on different areas of care given by nurses and CNA's. The hosptial just started using a bed tracking system to improve hand-off times from floors and discharges. I don't know how much it is really helping other than an easier way to run a report.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dorian,
    I had to smile when the music started playing - I was thoroughly tickled. You have a beautiful family. I can relate to your experience with HELP/TANDEM and HELP 2, I currently work on this systems. Soon the organization will be transitioning to the ECIS system. I am looking forward to reading more about your experience with technology and your clinical practice.

    ReplyDelete