Monday, October 18, 2010
Module 3--Information Retrieval
The electronic index is a little more difficult to use in the fact that MeSH terms are used to improve the research results, although they are useful in putting research results into the EndNote program. The electronic index is better to search for clinical trials that have been performed to show evidence of why we do what we do in the clinical setting. I liked the guideline index. It was nice to have the guideline tab on the left hand side to click on and then enter the term "hypertension". The results were helpful for guideline purposes. I like the results that I got when using the Google search engine. The results were easy reading and mainly gave me the education part of the search. One needs to be careful and pay attention to the sources of the information provided because anyone can post information on a subject on the Internet. All the different ways of searching were helpful in the task. The electronic index was the most useful in the part of the assignment that required the search results into the reference management software program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm impressed--where did the music come from? I was looking around my office to see who was there. Good point concerning your Google search, sometimes useful information can be gained from this type of search, but need to screen carefully.
ReplyDelete